Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Where I've been

I am terrible at forming new habits, especially good ones. And I'm pretty much limited to one or two new habits at a time. So I should probably be happy posting weekly for the time being, and once I'm done creating the other good habits I've been working on since I was in my teens (house cleaning, brushing my teeth, daily exercise, etc) maybe I can worry about the infrequency of my posts.

Anyway, in the past week I've attended the last (and most fun) of my three cooking classes at J&W; failed the Cisco test, again, this time just barely; and I spent four days at a male bonding event at a buddy's house in southern NH. Basically, three days/nights with some college friends, dedicated to playing cards, grilling food, abusing alcohol and enjoying the outdoors as much as the fickle New England spring would allow.

Of course, enjoying the outdoors in New England while being too inebriated to think of basic precautions means that two of the four of us ended up with ticks -- FIVE TICKS between the two of us. Because my wife is a Professional, she was able to take the one off my back fairly easily. The other one was positioned to give me a free vasectomy and had already made some progress in that direction, so I took care of him myself. Nothing like having the back end of a sesame seed with legs sticking out of your nethers.

[We'll pause for a moment so all my male readers can yell "EWWWWWW!" and jump up and down around the room.....done? Cool.]

Now I spend the next month looking for symptoms of Lyme disease and hoping that I caught the little bastards early enough for that not to be a problem. Hopefully the bacteria will die of boredom as I will probably spend most of that time reading the Cisco website.

Also, while I was gone, the fine US-based crib company sent me free replacement parts for the ones I hosed up. So with any luck we will have a changing table in the next couple days...and no hard feelings, OK?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ticks + alcohol - clothes = the only way that little bugger could attach himself to your sugarplums.

So, are you willing to tell us (or attempt to recollect the alcohol-induced fog of memory) how you wound up dancing naked under a free-flowing syrup tap on a maple tree, thus enticing Mr Tick to fill out a Change Of Address form with the USPS?

Your reading audience does thank you though for not posting a photo documentary of the extraction process. :)

JA3 said...

Never fear -- no pictures of my little friends.

There was no maple syrup that I can recall. I'd say more, but I really shouldn't give away the ancient and honorable traditions of "The Mantrip," (as it is known among our tribe), but I assure you that everything involves massive amounts of alcohol, and there was nothing even slightly gay about any of it.

Except for maybe the shirtless drinking contests...or listening to the Bee Gees while sitting naked around the campfire...or watching the movie "300" with our hands in our pants...Or maybe the oral sex. That last one might have been a little gay. But we were thinking of women the whole time, guaranteed.

rico567 said...

I think the parasite encounter deserved a post of its own.....entitled "Ticked Off," obviously.