Tuesday, December 16, 2008

So very quiet...

Ruth has been home two weeks now. We all seem to have readjusted without a hitch and the three of us are having a great time.

I've had near-daily ideas for posts or even longer pieces -- the whole "watch the ship pull up to the pier for a family reunion" thing would provide some material -- but the time and motivation to sit down and do the actual typing hasn't materialized. Either I've wanted to watch Theo play, or wanted to hang out with Ruth while she watches dumb movies or finally watch some of the NFL I've been missing. I don't usually feel guilty for not posting, but I'm getting there.

Although I feel like a dirtbag for not getting more done around here, we're having so much fun that it's hard to get back in a productive routine. You'd have to look out our windows to even know it's December -- we're not really feeling much like Christmas this year, so all the decorations are still in the basement.

Still, we're all very happy to be together. Maybe I get around to those posts in my head, maybe I don't...

1 comment:

Michelle D. said...

What pray tell is a productive routine?

I will say this. At least I have my Christmas stuff up. And tomorrow I should be shipping out my Christmas gifts.

Getting into a routine can be really tough.