Friday, February 11, 2011

Things I think every day, but never talk about

Yesterday afternoon I found this Ta-Nehisi Coates article while waiting for Theo to wake up from an unexpected nap. For once, maybe convincing myself that I didn't have enough time to start a new project around the house was a good thing.

This is how I felt after Theo was born, when I realized how close I'd come to losing Ruth. I've never escaped the knowledge that at some other place or in some other time, I would've certainly found myself alone at the end of that crazy week.
"...you need only look to the immediate past, or you need only look around the world, or you need only come close to losing the love of your small, young life to understand a correlating truth--pregnancy is potentially lethal work."

No comments: