Thursday, March 12, 2009

Welcome "Spouse Calls" readers

Terri Barnes, the "Spouse Calls" blogger and columnist for Stars and Stripes, linked to my blog this week as part of a series of posts and columns about military husbands.

Although I don't update this blog as often as I'd like -- in the daily competition for my attention, the toddler always wins -- I agree with my buddy Tom that as a category, the male military spouse/military husband/Navy-wife-with-a-penis is becoming visible as something other than a curiosity. Being part of another curious category that's finally getting their due (The stay-at-home daddy), I've decided I should be writing about these issues more often.

So that you don't have to sort through all my past posts about beer, my cute kid, my foul mouth and beer, here's a couple of my past posts that do go into military life. I welcome any and all discussion of these issues. Hunt around and you'll see me talking about our recent PCS move, my fun times as a stay-at-home daddy and my homebrewing. Thanks for visiting!

My Denial Closet

On Military Husbands and the "wives club"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

First of all, a compliment on the title of your blog: love it. Are we at coffee and "I'm a big kid now" yet? Second, you've got a great niche going here, keep it up! And third, just curious, do you have a book in progress or planned?

JA3 said...

Thanks Megan. Been doing too much reading and not enough writing lately so I'm just getting back to replying. Just to confirm, is this Megan F, soon to be Megan J?

Writing for me doesn't rise above the level of "hobby" -- when something else comes up, the blog is one of the first things that drops off my radar. I do have another (not ready for prime time) project out there that has been getting even less attention than this blog; it makes me sad, but there's always something else going on.

As far as a book -- I know there's one hidden in our travails of the past four years and it's a topic where I have enough to say to justify one. I even have a partial outline kicking around my laptop. Right now my enthusiasm and what little discipline I have are concentrated on Theo and on keeping chaos from overwhelming the house.