Thursday, February 28, 2008

The shortage is officially over

I walked into Wal-Mart yesterday (Yeah, yeah, hate me if you must but it's all we have for certain things) and checked out the video game section, as usual...and surprisingly, found the locked display case PACKED with Wii.

[plural of Wii? Anyone? I can't get myself to put an 's' at the end of the word]

A couple folks were stocking the game shelves, and they told me that they have more Wii in stock now than they've EVER had -- the only shipment they got during Christmas was nine that were all gone in minutes. They blamed the distribution network that landed all of them in California and spread them from there, leaving none for stores on the edge of the east coast. Can't blame Wal-Mart for that, really -- if you can sell your entire stoock of a product with no effort whatsoever, why cut into your margins shipping them cross country?

I've played enough Wii that I know it's just a matter of time before I pick one up, but first I want the cash in hand. We have too much going on right now to spend the $249 on the console, never mind the hundreds of $$$ in required accessories...

BTW, while talking about video games -- I've now played both Guitar Hero and Rock Band -- PURE PIXELATED CRACK, the both of them. Evil evil evil.

2 comments:

Paul Rinkes said...

ah, i have guitar hero on wii ... and i hate it. maybe it's because i play guitar (albeit rather badly) and the game just doesn't simulate how you play a guitar.

give me wii tennis and tiger woods. even madden. but you can buy my guitar hero from me, for cheap.

Erik Maldre said...

plural for wii? how about wii-wii?

i envy all those that have a nintendo wii. I've had the pleasure of playing a wii once (bowling). It is great fun. I just can't bring myself to forking over 250 smackers for a game console.