Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Paul will comment on this post

So during the move, my grooming routine suffered...





...to the point where I was thinking that maybe I'd throw a barn raising. It's not my record for a beard, but it's probably as much total hair as I've had in 10 years or so.

I'd also considered letting my readers vote on whether to hack it off or let it go until Ruth gets home. Then I realized, that would require coming to grips with how few people actually read this, and that's never a good thing.

In the end, even though I love that shade of red, I was annoyed by the extra weight on my face. So yesterday I took out the clippers...



Unfortunately, the clippers don't shave off that extra chin along with all the hair.

UPDATE: If only I'd realized everything I was giving up...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks John!

-S

Anonymous said...

I was looking at your pictures w/ the beard and it looked so familiar. Then, I finally figured out why. http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/santa-claus-comin-town/photos/197557/1

Anonymous said...

Dude, could you at least TRIM every once in a while?

Paul Rinkes said...

one word:

d'oheth!

JA3 said...

I knew I could count on you, English.

Anonymous said...

I read your blog regularly since I met you guys back in August and a little before that - you just never know who's out there lurking...

A closely shaved beard would be my preference and would look nice on you but I'd advise pleasing the wife as much as possible.

rico567 said...

Mine used to be brown, but never that red....when I see the "before"pix, makes me wonder whether you should have been named Sigurd, or, of course, Njorl....

Anonymous said...

Nice beard!