Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Coincidences...


Why would I post the video of a Men at Work song from 1983?

Yesterday (or was it the day before)? I heard this song during a transition between segments on some NPR show that I had streaming for background noise while I bottled. Normally I wouldn't even remember a 10 second song snippet, but then...

Today, prompted by an email from James pointing out a Patton Oswalt article in The Onion, I was catching up with P.O.'s blog ... where I find a reference to this song in an entry from last June.

As coincidences go, this one is so utterly random that I can't get it out of my head.

Why would Men at Work pop up in my life twice in 24 hours ... and why the same 25-year-old Men at Work song?

Maybe God's "shuffle" command is as broken as the randomizer in iTunes?

Maybe I could stop asking questions and fix my kid his lunch?

No comments: