Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"Elderly actor/politicians don't pick trophy wives without a plan, son."




Now that Fred Thompson has dropped out, I just had a great idea ... when/if Hillary wins, can she appoint Jeri Thompson "First Lady?"

BTW: I've been looking for an excuse to mangle that movie quote on the blog for MONTHS. Ruth and I have joked that Thompson would be running away with the nomination if he'd just spend less time talking about his conservative credentials and Reaganesque viewpoint; instead, he should've showed up at campaign rallies, said "This is my wife. If elected, I promise to have her standing in front of me at all public events." Then he says, "Russians don't take a dump without a plan," gets back on the bus and heads for the next stop. LANDSLIDE victory, guaranteed.

And really, would that strategy be any sillier than what any other candidate is doing?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, my husband and I came to the same conclusion, while watching the movie last week.

mm

rico567 said...

For blog title of the week, we have a winner!

Anonymous said...

OK, you so have to get out of my head, man. I made that same joke last week to my coworker.

D