Saturday, April 12, 2008

"...if we lived in Grand Theft Auto-ville..."

I linked her blog post in my reading list, but for those of you who might ignore those links, I wanted to reinforce that you need to read Lenore Skenazy's column "Here's your MetroCard, kid."

As I told her, I hope that I show the same composure, good sense and trust in my child as our kids grow up.

Of course, her parenting heresy brings out the nannies, ninnies and meddlers.

In a way, it's comforting to know there are so many paranoid parents out there. The children who learn independence and how to push their boundaries will be the leaders and innovators of the future; They're going to need plenty of worker bees who value security and dependence while harboring an unhealthy fear of the unknown. Today's parents are ensuring a steady supply of the worker bees far into the future...

1 comment:

rico567 said...

In the "child rearing" category, best blog post ever.