Saturday, December 29, 2007

Ends of trips are always the worst.

I have to take the kid away from all three of his grandparents -- he seems to love them more and more with each day we spend here.

I have to load up the current revision of "our stuff" so that it's all acceptable to the airline -- and despite promising ourselves again and again that we'd go home with less than we brought, it just never happens.

Tried to make plans to see some friends while we're all in the same general vicinity; no luck, as kids schedules (and let's be honest, my own inability to plan more than two hours into the future) strike again.


Home will be nice. I just have to get serious about getting rid of a major volume of junk in the next few weeks, as we're less than a year from a big move ... I'm not a naturally neat person, I'm generally a clutterbug and packrat. But we've reached the point where the clutter is even getting on MY nerves and that takes some doing.

And I have to be on a plane before 7am tomorrow, which just isn't natural. wish me luck...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck!

I scoff your at your big move in a year. I'm moving in three months.

See you in March!

Make sure you get rid of all that cold, white shit before we get there though.

JA3 said...

I always remember, no matter how crazy it gets, someone else's story is crazier...

And believe it or not, one of the reasons she picked this job was that we wouldn't have to move twice in one year when this time came. :)

Anonymous said...

Yipes! So not cool. To remind me that I'll be moving twice in 2008. Just for that I may start demanding gourmet meals from your household. (insert evil laughter here) Just think of the horrible habits I can teach that adorable child of yours.