Saturday, December 15, 2007

Homebrew diary: Oatmeal stout days 2&3

I was way too tired yesterday for an update (something exhausting about spending an hour of my day moving blocks of ice around in the street).

Rapid fermentation yesterday and a very nice looking krauesen on top of my brew. Today, it's slowed to a crawl and I have a vast amount of sediment in the bottom. All normal, considering the massive yeast starter I used -- I wanted to make double-sure I would be able to move the beer out of the fermenter within a week.

I'm pondering the possibility of brewing again the day I move this beer to the secondary, but since we also have to get ready for a trip...maybe that's not such a fabulous idea.

1 comment:

rico567 said...

At least it sounds like the ferment went normally, if fast. Racking it before you leave should allow the rest of the fermentables to be consumed in the secondary. Think I may start posting brew notes to blog, too.