Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Does two bloggers constitute a "meme?"

So I finally found a hole in the schedule today to walk to the library, and as luck would have it Ruth pulled a three hour lunch, so it became a family outing. After paying some fines and making our selections, we noted that their book clearance sale was still going on, so we figured we'd see if there was anything interesting.

As luck would have it, there were a couple paperbacks and a couple hardcovers that filled holes in our library; once we'd picked up three hardcovers between us, I figured that given the 6 for $5 price tag I might as well grab a few more that I'd heard about or wanted to read but never found the time; we'll just redonate them once we read them.

So, in blatant imitation of Tom's book sale post, here's a photo of our haul; it pales next to his in quantity and probably quality, but having them here instead of the library makes it more likely Ruth and I will read something besides a computer screen, a goal we've had for a while now...



EDIT: Added the actual link to Tom's post. Duuuuuuuurrrrrr.

2 comments:

Thomas Litchford said...

I almost got that copy of 'All Things Wise and Wonderful.' I'm glad you grabbed it.

JA3 said...

That's one that I was really excited to find. The four original books were some of my faves in middle school/Jr. High, I read and re-read them who knows how many times. I've wanted to have all of them around for Theo and his theoretical siblings and that will be a good start.

Heck, it'll be nice to revisit them myself 20+ years later...