Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Vice Guide to North Korea

I realize this has already been linked at every other site on the Internet, but some of us can only watch this shit during ever-shorter naptimes, so we get around to things later than everyone else.

Of course they never have the chance to talk to any unapproved person, but I found it fascinating, in an "Orwell never would've imagined THIS" kind of way.

I guess there's something about seeing this sort of totalitarian dystopian personality-cult mindfuck through the eyes of people closer to my own age and mindset, who weren't much more than kids when the USSR fell apart and China started to give up?

Your assignment is to go watch all 14 epis.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

John, all I can say is Thank You. Even though I work in the "internet tubes" profession and am desensitized by most sites, this might be the most interesting set of video clips I have ever watched online (at least ones where people's clothes are on). Part of that might stem from the utter lack of info you can get about North Korea.

Utterly fascinating stuff. Kudos to vice tv.