Monday, July 28, 2008

As much as I love to go on long road trips, the day before is never a good scene in my house. I try to come up with every possible excuse not to go or even to get ready to go.

Maybe that's a good thing, today, since there's plenty of purging and packing still to do in these parts. Of course, during the purge'n'pack I'm thinking of all the things on the trip list that aren't getting done, thinking that leaving for two weeks is stupid and I should find an excuse to come back early, and thinking that I'm not doing nearly enough rolling around on the floor with Theo this morning.

Once I'm out on the road all will be well, of course, and once I'm in IL I won't think nearly as much about needing to come back. Maybe I should just throw everything in the suitcase and start driving, ready or not...

No comments: