Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Update

Kid is STILL ASLEEP at 8:30 AM, probably because he was awake (as were we all) from about 4 until 5:30 this morning. Sounded like teeth, or maybe a bad dream... who knows?

I'm very happy with how the house is coming along. The basement has taken far less time than I thought, the attic is almost done, and the garbage bags and donation bags are moving out the door. We're even getting more money than we'd thought for our used CDs, which is a nice bonus when I'm going to be living on rice and beans the duration of the fall.

Our infant stuff isn't selling on Craigslist as well as I'd hoped, but such is life.

I'm insanely jealous of Tom L. right now.

Michelle makes me laugh.

Brewing is all but offline. I've missed my date to bottle a batch of beer for our August trip (maybe tonight?), and I'm debating if I'm going to brew again before Norfolk, or just keep my ingredients sealed up and pick up again in September or October.

Everything is still online for the house we're buying in Norfolk. We've passed the inspection but we're still waiting for some financing hurdles. This might actually happen...

We've told our landlord we're out of here at the end of August and the minivan is reserved. No official date from the movers yet, but Labor Day should see Theo and I reduced to nomads, with all our stuff on a truck somewhere.

I can't say it enough -- we're going to miss Newport and a lot of people here; whatever people say about New England rudeness we've never seen it from the locals on the Island.

I'm already exploring our new neighborhood via Internet. Ruth and I already know it pretty well from our last stay in Norfolk, but I'm just checking out what's the same, what's different and daydreaming, whenever I have a few minutes...

We're going to find just as much fun there as we have here, assuming we don't put ourselves in the poorhouse buying drapes and couches and rugs and whatnot.

Spud is awake and chattering to himself. It's inevitable, whenever I realize that he's been asleep long enough for me to get something done for myself, he wakes up. I'm out of interesting things to babble about anyway.

2 comments:

Erik Maldre said...

you're moving out? I must keep up with the coffee and diapers blog more often.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the move to Norfolk. We were there/VA Beach for about 2 years. Had never wanted to go there, but found nice things to do and not just in the Ghent neighborhood.