Saturday, July 12, 2008

OK, I give in

Not writing here in almost a week usually means I have something on my mind that I don't want to make public.

So here it is: Yeah, we did put an offer on a house while we were in Norfolk. And the offer was accepted, so we have a contract to close on the house before Labor Day. It even looks like we'll be able to finance it without selling our current house, or selling Theo to the highest bidder.

We like this house a lot, but having been burned before by the homebuying process, I'm only about 51% excited about it right now and Ruth is more like 0.5% excited.

Maybe after the inspection I'll let myself get 60% excited or so, but don't expect any full-blown giddy around here (or any other details about the place) until we've signed the closing paperwork and have keys in hand. Email me if you're interested and think you're someone who should know this information.

2 comments:

Michelle D. said...

What no Theo for sale? Darn! Oh well I couldn't afford him now since I'm now awaiting the paperwork to come through since they accepted our offer on our house. Best of luck. Isn't peer pressure great?

rico567 said...

Oh, no, I was hoping for a starting bid on Theo! Rats, maybe next time!