Monday, July 28, 2008

RIP, The Morning Nap 2007-2008

So ever since the weather has improved, I've been hoping that maybe Theo would drop his morning nap early, give us a chance to start getting out and about more during the day. He's always been very sensitive to not getting his naps in, so leaving the house for more than a quick morning walk was tempting fate.

So of course, now that I really need him occupied for several hours in the morning and afternoon so I can get things done around the house, he has of course decided that he doesn't need that morning nap after all. Dropped it practically overnight, as if he never slept in the mornings at all.

Watch what I wish for, I guess.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, what a big boy. Time to put Swiffers on his booties and have him buff the floors in the AM.

Erik Maldre said...

my daughter just gave up morning naps as well. Though there's some days where she just needs to tak that morning nap. No morning naps and longer afternoon naps rock.

Thomas Litchford said...

I feel like a bad, unloving parent when I say this, but the more naps the better, as far as I'm concerned. Sean is down to one AM nap and one PM nap, although sometimes he'll sneak in a second PM nap.

Yay naps!